Thursday, 19 December 2013

Review of Last Christmas - Talli Roland


The bit on the back…

For Lucy, the best Christmas present is forgetting the past.

Eager to banish the ghost of Christmas past - when her boyfriend dumped her on the streets of Paris - Lucy is determined to make this the best Christmas ever. She rallies friends and family for an epic celebration that just happens to fall on the same day as her ex's festive wedding. Furious at how she's been treated, Lucy can't help relishing the party v wedding smackdown.


But when the wedding is threatened and only Lucy can help, can she find the spirit inside to save the day, or will this Christmas be even more disastrous than the last?


This is the 2nd Christmas story of Talli’s that I’ve read this month. I first read Mistletoe In Manhattan and completely fell in love with Talli’s style of writing so when I happened to come across this I knew it would also have a review space in my Christmas extravaganza. Then, absolute beaut timing, Talli sent me a copy to review. I read it straight away. Here’s what I thought!

The story is about Lucy. Lucy has been unlucky in love, meaning the one and only love of her life chucked her last Christmas before you could say stocking! Since then she’s been in a kind of slump; that is until a chance meeting with her ex and his new fiancé (!!) makes her dead set to enjoy Christmas this year, making it the best ever with a massive party to rival her ex’s wedding.

I really liked Lucy right away, much like how I liked the MC in Mistletoe in Manhattan. She’s down to earth and normal by MC standards so it makes her really believable and it’s easy to identify with her. I liked how she got swept up in the idea of having a Christmas party to get one over on her ex (girl power) but also to try and get some closure from the whole situation.

The party planning also brings a new man into Lucy’s life and their relationship develops quite fast, although it’s not all mistletoe and mince pies as it brings her back down from her Christmas high with an all too close to home bump.

Lucy is cast as a bit of a hero by the end of the book. I think this kind of makes her character speak out for everyone who has ever been dumped and has struggled to move on.

Another story from Talli that I didn’t want to put down. Good enough plot to have the potential of a full story!

Erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...