Sunday, 11 January 2015

Last week I...

Since it is the start of a new year I decided to try a little something different. This is also helping me to relax a little when it comes to blogging and is keeping up my with my New Year Resolutions not to get so stressed about scheduling posts! I've decided as part of the new stress-less me that I won't be posting reviews on the weekend but instead I thought I'd share something a little more personal!

So this post/feature is called "Last Week I..." and the whole point of it will be to tell you a little of what I got up to this past week. I know there are lots of posts out there that are similar but in the interest of not "stealing" anyone's idea I just made this feature's name up in my head like 2 seconds ago! Myself and my best friend and mummy blogger Kirsty (@tinybabysocks and www.tinybabysocks.blogspot.co.uk) will be posting this weekly, time/lives permitting! 

So! Last Week I...


We are on the 11th of January and I am in the middle of my 10th read of the year - no I can't quite believe it either! There are two things I am really going to try and tackle TBR-wise this year.

1) Read all book post books in time for their publication date! This is something I fell short on last year but I'm going to try this year to read everything on time which means making sure I don't over commit myself! The first book post book for this year is When I Met You by Jemma Forte and I'll be posting my review on the 14th of January.

2) Work on my NetGalley ratio! Again this is something I totally sucked at last year with the exception of the last few months where I really started to try and batter through it. My ratio is currently at it's highest ever 47% and this week I've been trying to read through some more (First Love by James Patterson and The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson are just two of the galleys I've read this week), 7 of the books I've read this week have been galleys. 

Unfortunately I was poorly this week but it did mean I got to hang with my cheeky dog Cooper for a little bit! 

The middle picture was a late entry from last night when Scotland decided it needed to get it's white on and it snowed a whole bunch. Unfortunately we were out when I took this picture and the drive home was not fun. 

The other 4 pictures are the most exciting bits of news this week, especially in terms of my blog! Last year I started trying to branch out with some beauty and baking posts and this year I really want to substantiate those elements of my blog. I had a bit of a splurge on Tuesday night and the top middle picture and right middle picture are just two of the many products I bought. The first of those is the new Urban Decay Naked On The Run palette which I basically saw and decided I HAD to have it and the second product is a B. Defined Eyebrow Kit from Superdrug. I am basically a beginner when it comes to the old brows and my brows are sisters rather than twins, as my own loving sister likes to say. So I bought this simple palette and by following a youtube tutorial tried to make my eyebrows more twin like! 


I also had a little muck about with my new Naked make up whiiich is just as great as the rest of the range!

The bottom middle picture is of nail transfers that I actually bought to try from a retailer on Amazon. 2015 is going to be the year of the nail art for me and even though I have a terrible habbit of biting my nails I do love a good set of falsies! So watch out for some more nail art pics!  

The final picture (top right) is of The Pink Parcel which was delivered, actually at the end of last week and I had a whole post dedicated to that up on Friday, so make sure to check that out!

What have you been up to this week? 

Erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...